Thursday, September 22, 2016

Week 20: Just chugging along.

*If you would like to stay updated, please subscribe to my RSS Feed.*

This week has been busy. I have no complaints about that. The busier I am the better it is. I can feel myself getting even more socially awkward. October is coming up and my mood is everywhere. It just won't balance out. The more I do, the better it is. This is me on my best day. 


Friday was just a boring day. It was a good day though. I felt so much better after talking to my MIL. I really did. So I just enjoyed the day. Kids went to school, came home, cleaned up some, Little2 went to my MIL's, and Little1 went to bed. I went to bed shortly after and actually slept some. It was great. Saturday I hung out with L1 and the besties came over that night for dinner. They stayed the night in the guest house. We're getting ready to start working on it again. That was DH's latest project. It's been hard but it's time to do it. No reason for it to just sit there. 

 

Sunday a friend and I went to IKEA. I got the bed and a couple other things for the guest house. If you've ever been there you know it's a day trip. It's also almost two hours from my house so it was a trip for sure. L1 spent Saturday night with my MIL too so that he could go to church with her so there were no kids with us at least. They do not enjoy getting dragged around a store all day and I don't enjoy dragging them. 

 

Monday was a good day too. I had lunch with a good friend and her girls which are the cutest redheads you've ever seen. Also, one of my first cousins moved to Alaska a few years ago and I haven't seen her since. She has three kids I haven't seen in years either. I don't know how but I managed not to take one single picture. I was just so excited to see her. My MIL started a vacation on Monday as well. She was going with the church and she needed it. They did have a good time thankfully.


Tuesday was a long day too. I worked in my office some (it has been SO neglected) so I can get it straightened up and, oh, I don't know, maybe actually use my stress relief room? How am I supposed to Christmas if I can't make stuff? Also, how am I supposed to Christmas when I'm usually way finished by now? Ugh. This year sucks. I know that seems like the understatement of the century but it does. lol. This particular day wasn't awful until halfway through his 3rd soccer practice L1 got shin splints. They were terrible. We iced and took  care of them that night but he was miserable. I've never seen him hurt so bad. He was a trooper though. We waited it out to see if he could finish practice but he couldn't. Poor thing.


Wednesday the song Braden had been waiting on all morning came on about 5 seconds before he got out. A year ago I can assure you I wouldn't have been the mom to blast the radio while he walked into school so he could hear it but really, what did it hurt? Did some other mom judge me for not being prim and proper? Probably. Did I care? Not even a little. I would never disrupt the classroom but these kids were walking into the school and it wasn't a vulgar or profane song so oh well. Then a friend came over. He's had a rough couple of years himself and sometimes we can just sit and know the year has sucked together while we eat snacks and watch Bob's Burgers.


Today L1 couldn't practice again. He ran for 5 minutes and was done. He was limping so  bad. I hate it for him. I have a feeling this is not going to be his year for soccer. He grew 15 inches in the last year. It's been crazy and I'm positive it has affected how easily he gets shin splints because he's never even almost had one. I started packing today for our weekend trip too. The Littles, Besties, Besties Kids, Mom, and I are all going to Chattanooga for the weekend. Team Blue Line is participating in the IronMan and we're going to watch. They've been so great it's the least we can do. I'm a little apprehensive because traveling is not my thing lately but I also think getting away will be nice. Plus, my whole crew is going so it can't really be bad right?


Links to the previous and next post are below.

Week 19
Week 21

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that nebula quote. What a beautiful thought ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also you need to go to Alaska and take me with you!

    ReplyDelete