Thursday, October 13, 2016

Week 23: Fair Time!

*If you would like to stay updated, please subscribe to my RSS Feed.*


It's coming. I've avoided it at all costs. But it's coming. Let's see if I can pull this years costume off. haha. Yeah, right. Not happening. We all know it. My Friday has been shot already. Nothing other than it being October honestly. Normally I'm planning stuff this month. October please go away. Far, far away.


This just cracks me up. I did a little mouth running Friday thanks to being ill. All true so I don't care but yeah, I did it. Only about myself though. Anyone else harder on yourself than anyone else? I'd be perfect if I could live up to my own unrealistic expectations.


Saturday I got a nice reminder on facebook about how awesome our wedding invitations were last year. They really were. A friend of mine made them and they were wax sealed and all to go withour gothic theme. Ate at Red Lobster. So I ate biscuits for dinner basically. haha. My adopted nephew spent the night with me. Almost. I took him home about 2am just so he would be home in the morning when he got up but he was so good. He slept by himself for the first time ever. His mama did not want to let him go. He has never stayed with anyone before. So I spent the whole evening feeding him junk food. Aunt J for the win! He played with the kids, ran around outside... we wore him out. It was so nice having a happy kid as a distraction. Besties and their kids were here for a while too so he had a last. We had a birthday party for one of my friends teenagers too so there were at least 100 kids at my house. Okay, it may have been more like 5 but it sounded like 100. Why are they so loud? Again, teachers, I commend you. I could not do it. Not even a little. They wear me out just listening to them.


Sunday we all went to spend the night with friends. I got to hang out with my friend, kids got to hang out with theirs. It was nice and got us away from the house. Staying in it has been especially hard this month.


Monday was boring and Tuesday I saw this quote somewhere: "Life is short, live it. Love is rare, hold onto it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it.  Memories are sweet, cherish them."  It put things back into perspective. At least for the day.


Wednesday we went to the fair! As you can see we spent lots of time taking pictures. It was fun and we saw tons of people. We went with a big group and everybody had a good time. Lots of junk food. I had a red velvet funnel cake. It's like heaven topped with powdered sugar and cream cheese icing. Highly recommend this for your next unhealthy choice.



This week also held 2 more missed soccer games. We're writing it off completely. He's getting over it because he's tired of hurting and taking baths. Apparently he misses his showers and isn't a fan of having to soak his legs every night. On a completely unrelated note, I found out this week  my mom is moving here! I CANNOT WAIT!!! Omg. My mom. Here. In the same state. All the time. It's an answered prayer. So this turned out to be a great week.

Links to the previous and next post are below.

Week 22
Week 24

No comments:

Post a Comment